10 Ways Insight Vacations is a Trendsetter in Culinary TravelPosted on 02/23/2018
Insight’s immersive dining experiences lets you discover countries and cultures through their taste buds: farmers and fishermen show you how food is harvested then serve it up in Farm-to-Table meals; chefs demonstrate how a few simple ingredients can be turned into delicious masterpieces during hands-on cooking classes; and locals invite guests into their homes for home-cooked meals during Dine-at-Home evenings. New in 2018, you will also be able to share meals with local hosts and other travelers thanks to Insight’s new partnership with VizEat, the global meal-sharing platform.
Here are 10 of Insight’s many exceptional foodie offerings:
1. Oyster Tasting in Croatia: During the ‘Country Roads of Croatia’ journey, you’ll accompany Tomislav to his floating barges and watch him harvest oysters straight from the sea. Sample the freshly shucked mollusks with a squeeze of lemon and a glass of crisp local wine.
2. Innovative and Locally Sourced Dishes at Ireland’s Iconic Ashford Castle: On the ‘Irish Elegance’ itinerary, dine at the magnificent 800-year-old Ashford Castle where creative cooking and local ingredients reign supreme.
3. “Dine-at-Home” Dinner in Sarajevo: On the ‘Eastern Capitals and the Dalmatian Riviera’ journey, you’re invited into a Sarajevan family’s home for a Dine-at-Home dinner. Savor authentic Bosnian cuisine and hear inspirational stories about the beautiful city’s resilient people, rich culture, and wonderful traditions.
4. Pasta Making with Chef Lorenzo in Orvieto, Italy: At a restaurant in the medieval heart of Orvieto on the ‘European Dream’ journey, learn how to make fresh pasta by hand during a live cooking demonstration by Chef Lorenzo Polegri.
5. Introduction to Greek Cooking in Olympia: While on the ‘Treasures of Greece and the Islands’ itinerary, join a local chef for an entertaining cooking demonstration, then savor regional Greek specialties in a fun-filled, flavorful dinner .
6. The Art of Strudel-Making in Budapest: On the ‘Easy Pace Budapest, Vienna and Prague’ journey, visit a traditional strudel house and see pastry chefs at work stretching the dough and readying the fillings, then enjoy a delectable taste of this famous delicacy paired with rich, aromatic coffee.
7. Traditional Basque Pintxos in San Sebastián, Spain: On the ‘Mediterranean Journey’ wander through San Sebastián’s Old Town, the hub of the town’s social life, then enjoy some of the best pintxos in the region.
8. Cornish Coast Experience in Britain: Visit a Cornish fishing village during the ‘Best of Britain’ journey and enjoy a Farm-to-Table Celebration Dinner at the edge of Dartmoor National Park that includes fresh, locally sourced seafood.
9. Paella Demonstration in Valencia, Spain: While on the ‘Highlights of Spain’ journey, meet the chef at a local family-run restaurant in the heart of the Old City and learn the traditional recipe for paella during a cooking demonstration then savor the delicious flavors of this classic dish with a glass of sangria
10. Dine-At-Home in Portugal: On the ‘Country Roads of Portugal’ trip you’ll learn about the family’s passion for wine making, and join them for a farm-to-table dinner of food freshly prepared from locally sourced ingredients and served with wine from the estate.